Monday, February 7, 2011

Coffee shop and pre-concert drawings January 27th - February 5th













I was wondering why my hand was cramping up on Saturday until I realized that I had been drawing people at the Silver Lake Intelligentsia for 3 hours straight. I couldn't help myself - I had gotten into a zone and was having such a great time drawing all these wonderful faces that I couldn't stop. I was in a similar creative mood when I went to see Jorge Drexler at the Skirball a couple of weeks ago (it was a fantastic concert, by the way. It was the second time I've seen him play live, and he's improved so much as a performer in the intervening almost 4 years since I had last seen him). I don't draw in my journal too often, but since I had some time to kill before the concert, I decided to draw some other audience members with my pen. The two bottom drawings are from those 20 minutes right before Jorge came on stage.

No comments: